Tuesday, April 25, 2017

OT and Ethics

Once again we learned that things in the field of occupational therapy are not always black and white.  There is a Code of Ethics we must follow once we are in the field and we will accountable for doing so.  I like having guidelines such as these because it often helps me make tough decisions.  I think I will often be faced with ethical dilemmas when in the field and I am thankful we have this tool to help us.  It should be comforting to our clients that we as OT practitioners are expected to abide by this Code of Ethics.  Many of the aspects of it help protect them and their well-being.  This makes our profession all the more client-centered.  I am thankful and looking forward to being a part of this in a few short years.

No comments:

Post a Comment