Monday, May 8, 2017

DIY Assistive Technology

In class today we got to practice making a piece of low-tech assistive technology.  I am thankful we had this opportunity because I often don't have much confidence in myself in difficult DIY projects. I think it is so important that we can help our clients in whatever way possible.  If financially they can't afford the assistive technology or don't have insurance that will cover it, we could help out and show them how to make them.  I think this is a very important thing to be able to do or to try when in the field. 

Today we were able to make a universal cuff which could be very useful for many future clients. There are a lot of resources available to occupational therapists and parents or caregivers for ideas on low-tech assistive technology. I hope that I can help people in the future in this way and look for creative ways to meet their needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment